C.A. Technologies Repair Kit - 14:1 Fluid Section
Manufacturer: C.A. Technologies
Part Number: 10-117 (Standard) or 10-117V (V-Packing)
Description: C.A. Technologies part 10-117 STANDARD packing seal repair kit for C14, B14 air-assisted airless 14:1 lower pumps.
Standard: Most common
V-Packing: Longer wear, typically for catalyzed and waterbased materials (CATalyzer 1:1 base & catalyst pumps and CATalyzer 10:1 base pump)
Included parts are underlined
98-0190 Lower Ball
98-0191 Upper Ball
Disassembly from air motor. Pump disassembly and service is easiest if first removed from air motor
- Disconnect the fluid hose and siphon hose from the pump.
- Remove the cotter pin and clevis pin connecting the pump and air motor.
- Leave mounting plate and tie rods attached to the air motor. Loosen and remove the solvent cup using the 1/4 pin wrench provided.
- Holding the pump tube by the flats, remove the inlet fitting using an adjustable or 1 1/8 wrench. The lower ball and seat can be removed.
- Push down on the pump rod from the top of the pump. The pump rod and lower seal/guide assembly will come out thru the bottom of the pump.
- Remove the upper packing nut using an adjustable or 1 1/8 wrench. The upper seal/guide will come out with the upper packing nut.
- Place one end of the 1/4 pin wrench thru the clevis pinhole in the pump rod. Using a 3/8 hex wrench remove the upper seat retainer. The upper seat, ball, and ball cage can be removed.
- Inspect the pump rod in the areas where the upper and lower seals ride. If the diameter of the rod in these areas appears to be reduced or if scoring has occurred, the rod must be replaced. Replace the upper ball (98-0191) and seat into the rod using a new ball and seal. Note, the seat is reversible.
- Replace the upper seal/guide and o-ring (98-8020) in the upper packing nut. Place the upper packing nut into the pump tube and tighten.
- Place the lower end of the pump rod into a new lower seal/guide assembly and new o-ring (98-8025). Carefully slide the upper end of the pump rod into the pump tube and thru the upper seal/guide.
- Place a new o-ring (98-8017) around the lower seat (Note, the seat is reversible) and push into the recess in the inlet fitting. Set a new ball on the seat and tighten the inlet fitting into the pump tube.
- Replace o-ring (98-7125) on the pump tube and slide pump thru mounting plate and solvent cup. Orient the outlet fitting as desired and tighten the solvent cup to secure the pump. Reattach the pump to the air motor by replacing the clevis pin and cotter pin.