Manufacturer: C.A. Technologies
Part Number: CA91-5xx
You will also need the By-Pass Regulator
Description: The 3M™ PPS™ (Paint Preparation System) is a unique, closed paint system that eliminates the need for separate mixing cups and filters. Instead, paint is mixed in a liner bag which marries to a direct filter and is then mounted on the spray gun with a dedicated adapter. As freshly filtered paint is dispensed, the liner bag collapses, allowing the spray gun to function at any angle. Liner bags and filters are disposable, leaving only the spray gun and adapter to be cleaned. The 3M™ PPS™ Paint Preparation system is a cleaner, faster system, safe from outside contamination, and offers considerable time and solvent savings on gun and parts cleaning.
3M PPS 2.0 type H/O paint pressure cup, collar, and air hose is designed to spray thick high-viscosity liquid material with the 3M Accuspray HGP Spray Gun and PPS 2.0 lids and liners. With the pressure cup, the air is forced through the air hose to collapse the liner and push out the paint material. Ideal for applying undercoating, truck bed liners, sprayable adhesives, sound dampening coatings, high-build primers, and gelcoats. The pressure cup system produces a smooth, consistent spray pattern that lets you quickly build mil thicknesses and limits overspray for less product waste and less cleanup. Unlike with conventional aluminum or other metal paint cup systems, with PPS you don’t have to mix paint in extra cups and filter it into a paint reservoir, so you waste less material. Simply place a liner in the reusable paint cup, mix the material, snap on the lid and you’re ready to spray. With a fresh lid and liner for each mix, there’s less risk of outside contamination. You can also increase productivity in prep and cleanup time by as much as 50% and use up to 70% less cleaning solvent over conventional paint cup systems.
PPS™ Key Features
• Up to 70% savings of clean solvent
• Closed system reducing outside contamination
• Faster system from mixing to disposal
• Spray gun can function at any angle
• Available in 200 ml and 850 ml sizes
• Less operator exposure to solvents and reduction in VOC’s
New Series 2.0 PPS™ Features
• Four-point connection on the adapter to the lid for increased stability
• Quarter-turn lid-locking system for quick assembly and disassembly
• Larger fluid passage opening in the adapter and lid to allow more material flow
• Standard hard cups have measurements printed directly on the plastic
• Lids and collars are now combined into one locking piece
The H/O pressurized cups by 3M™ offer an easy and clean solution to spraying thicker viscosity materials. Screw on type lid collar to ensure a nice and secure seal when pressurized.
3M PPS 2.0 Cup System - Brochure