SurfPrep’s 5” Trident Sanders are designed with a durable composite body. They are lightweight with a compact, recessed throttle lever. It is ergonomically balanced for added comfort and control for the operator. Its cutting edge ‘cooling fan’ creates air flow around the counter balance spindle bearing which enhances the life of the tool. The Trident motor assembly is constructed of hardened steel for the cylinder and both end plates. A 360° swivel exhaust grate allows operator to redirect air flow. This new design no longer has an external cap/filter to lose or damage. The tool also has a redesigned, low-profile speed control. You will need a minimum 80 gallon air compressor to run air sanders properly.
- 3/16" orbit is more aggressive and cuts faster. The larger orbit can leave a more noticeable scratch. 3/16 is better for sealer sanding with sponges.
- 3/32" orbit is less aggressive so it is better for a final pass on raw wood to minimize scratch and swirls. It is better for sealer sanding with film or paper.
5" Trident Specifications:
- Air - 17 SCFM / 3.1 CFM / 90 PSI
- RPM - Suggested Speed 12,000 RPM
- Orbit - 3/16 or 3/32 Random Orbit
- Weight - 1.84 Pounds
- Height - 3.9" High
- Length - 7" Long
- Material - Composite body, Steel Motor
- Size - 5" Footprint
- Power - .28 Horsepower / 209 Watts
Click here for downloadable flyer - 5 6 Trident Flyer